Monday, September 15, 2014

The Shirt

Most people are unsuccessful with weight loss goals due to their lack of planning and consistency. They know what they want, but they make up their minds before they do it, how much effort and how long it should take.

In other words, they commit to the idea of losing weight … they even commit to what they think it will take to lose weight. But they fail to commit to the reality of what it really takes to lose weight.
 

Here’s an example:

I want a really, really nice shirt. You know - something that I can wear to a nice restaurant – casual dining, no jacket. Thus, I want a really nice shirt.

So, I head out to Buckhead – not to Lenox, but to Phipps Plaza. (I know, right. LOL)
 
After walking around; going into several different stores – I found “the” shirt! I mean, this shirt is hot! Not too flashy, not to stiff – it’s perfect … until I look at the price tag.
 
“Gasp” $230 Bucks?!? WTH! Are you kidding me???? For a “shirt”?
Well Sir, it’s not “just a shirt”. Its … blah, blah, blah …
 

You see –
 
My expectations were set really high, not really real. I had unconsciously determined how much this shirt should cost and how much I was committed to paying. Unfortunately, my little “made up fantasy” didn’t square with reality.

Also, I went into this whole shirt thing, unprepared. I went into it blindly … with false – made up expectations – base on nothing factual. It was just “how I thought it should be.”

Have you ever done this?

If you have, it may be hindering you from accomplishing your goals. Like me. Because I never did get that shirt.

My program maps out EVERYTHING you need to do for you to be successful. You don’t have to think about it, you just need to do it ... without improvising, because you think you know better.

So, get started and commit to your goals. 


People do what they want to do. They just search for justification … for the sake of other people. Well, search for justification for the sake of yourself this time. Right now, this is all about you.

Remember:

“If you don’t do it – it won’t get done. It’s all on you!”

No comments:

Post a Comment